Thursday, May 6, 2010

"Roasted Spring Vegetables"

I know veges are easy....you pick one and you cook it the way you like it. However, I'm a recipe queen so I even like a recipe for my veges. This is one we've been doing often with burgers or something else easy.

Ingredients:
- Red potatoes (the recipe calls for a 20 ounce package of precut potato wedges....I just do however many regular red potatoes I feel like we need based on how many people are eating) cut into bite size pieces
- Asparagus cut in 1 inch pieces (again, the recipe calls for 3 1/2 cups...but amount should be proportionate to the potatoes)
- olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen petite green peas
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 450
- Place potatoes and asparagus on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and toss well. Bake for 20 minutes or until asparagus is tender and potatoes are golden brown.
- While potatoes roast, microwave the peas with 1 teaspoon of water for 2 minutes.
- Transfer potato/asparagus to bowl and add peas, lemon rind and pepper.

I cannot get enough of this. I make it thinking I'm going to have leftovers and I eat the whole thing. Ben loves it too! Not that I need to put this since it's basically veges, but it's Weight Watchers (2 points for a cup).

No comments:

Post a Comment